12th Jun 2020
To All Parents/Carers of 1st Bramhall Beavers, Cubs, Scouts, Explorers, Leaders, Trustees
Our plans for getting back together at Scouts safely
As some of the government restrictions around the COVID-19 pandemic begin to be relaxed, we’re starting to plan for how we’ll be able to return to face-to-face Scouts activities at 1st Bramhall in the future.
We are all looking forward to being able to return, and we wanted to provide an update on how we’re approaching a re‑start. Our restarting plans will follow all government rules and guidance from Scout Association. Our priority is to keep young people and adults safe.
Below is an outline of how we will operate, following Scouts’ ‘COVID Code’:
- New control measures will be in place for all activities
- Additional hygiene measures are being put in place
- We will ensure that the Bramley Centre is Covid secure
- Social distancing will be observed
- Group sizes will be limited in line with Government-approved guidance for the Youth Sector developed by the National Youth Agency
- Adjustments will be made for young people vulnerable or affected by COVID
Returning to Scouts will happen in phases, and will vary from Section to Section (ie, Beavers, Cubs, Scouts, Explorers), and at different timescales; the first of which will let us resume outdoor activities in small groups. Returning to face-to-face Scouts is voluntary for all young people, parents/carers and volunteers.
We will share more detailed plans for the new safety measures we are putting in place soon. As always, we encourage all parents and carers, young people and volunteers to ask questions, raise any concerns and provide feedback.
Andrew Corrie (“Skip”) Richard Buckley
Group Scout Leader Group Chair